Through our partners Impact Designs – Denmark, Bobo Eco Farm has received a generous financial gift from The One Life Foundation to establish a workshop that will design and produce machines aimed at improving the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers through agro-processing (value addition) and also reduce drudgery in agricultural production.
Reducing drudgery is especially important in alleviating the strain on women who are the main actors in smallholder agricultural production, and may also attract the young generation into farming.
We welcome partnerships, and internships especially for post-graduate Engineering students to participate in designing machines and tools that respond to the needs of farmers and society in general.
“All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence”. Martin Luther King Jr.
Bobo Eco Farm
Bobo Eco Farm is a demonstration farm located in Mityana, Uganda that develops innovative solutions to support smallholder famers to overcome shocks due to climate change, and enable them increase production efficiency & incomes without compromising environmental health.
Bobo Eco Farm is a leading proponent of ‘eco-smart’ farming, and a major player in supporting the livelihoods of the surrounding communities.
To develop and disseminate innovative solutions that increase climate change resilience as well as agricultural intensification among smallholder farmers.
We envision empowered, resilient and thriving farmer communities that exhibit responsible stewardship of the environment and contributing to national development.
Our Core Values
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with farmers and organizations that share our vision and commitment to nurture thriving farmer communities.
- Passion: Our heart goes into our work.
- Courage: We face challenges with confidence and determination.
- To develop, package, and disseminate innovative solutions aimed to intensify agricultural production.
- To develop, pilot and disseminate scalable climate-smart agricultural technologies and practices to enhance climate change adaptation among smallholder farmers.
- To advance research and education in agriculture through partnerships with universities & research institutions; and.
- To demonstrate a model of agricultural production that increases production efficiency & incomes without compromising environmental health.
Bobo Eco Farm promotes ‘Eco-smart’ farming among surrounding communities. The farm currently partners with MAMAH to support food and nutrition security specifically targeting mothers, children under five years, and People Living with HIV/AIDS. These are the most vulnerable groups in our communities at great risk of losing life due to hunger and malnutrition related causes.
Bobo Eco Farm managers and workers are proud ‘smart farmers’ who actively promote farming both for food and as a business. Read More
Bobo Eco Farm products